Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Strategic Planning for Spring Break

One more. One final spring break.

I’ve had a spring break for 15 years, but after this week I can say goodbye to that bit of free time. That’s not a bad thing, but I’m excited to make the most of it.

Using a PR approach, I’m going to take you through my plan for this week.

Goal: To have experiences I’ll never forget.


Traveling is one of my favorite things to do. The important thing to remember when it comes to any vacation is taking the whole experience in, creating memories that will last a lifetime.

What’s one place that is known for making a lasting impression? Las Vegas, baby.


Now is the time in the planning process when you set the guidelines to show if you will achieve your goal.

Objective 1: Take part in five fun activities.


One great way to make the most of my trip is to involve myself in many different activities around the city. I’m looking forward to seeing a show or two, wandering around the streets and making spur-of-the-moment decisions.

Strategy: Make reservations.

Tactic: Cirque Du Soleil O.

Shows are one of the biggest attractions in Las Vegas. I can’t wait to see and experience this popular show. Everyone has heard of Cirque Du Soleil, but I finally get to see one for myself.

Tactic: Dinner at a top rated restaurant.

Strategy: Take a ton of pictures.


Nothing makes a memory last like a picture you can keep forever.

Tactic: Take at least three photos at each attraction or activity.

Tactic: Post at least once a day on social media.

Having these pictures to look back at will be a great reminder of this trip.

Objective 2: Limit sleep to five hours per night.


The only thing sleep does on a big trip is get in the way. I can rest when I’m home.

Strategy: Wake up early.

Tactic: Be ready by 7:30 every morning.

Strategy: Late night living.

Tactic: Don’t go back to the room until midnight.

Objective 3: Decrease computer time by 70 percent.


We are constantly consumed by working on the computer nonstop, so this week will be a great opportunity to take a break from that.

Strategy: Spend time with friends and family.

Tactic: Get a meal with high school friends.

Tactic: Take my little cousin out for an afternoon of fun and laughter.

My little cousin is one of my favorite people and we never get to see each other, so I am already planning all of the great things we can do.

Strategy: Baseball.

Vacation can’t last forever and at some point you have to return to work. Luckily my work is great, Auburn Baseball

Tactic: Return to Auburn for the Florida series.

Baseball games are many and each are long, but they offer great plays, great weather and a great atmosphere.

The way I will know if I met my goal of having unforgettable experiences over the break is by looking at each objective to see if I achieved them.

Vegas, here I come!!




No comments:

Post a Comment